Here we go.

30 September 2008

This past camping trip was great, it was just me & ATM. We totally slept and slept and slept, out in the woods, drifting in & out of slumber to nature noises. We obviously needed to catch up on some zzz's. And it didn't help that we now have an air mattress, (Thank you, ATM's parents!) so there's no pebbles digging in to ye olde hip bone. We spoiled.

A little green lizard that I called "T-Rex" hung out with us on the picnic table. I've never seen a lizard act so casual with people, they're usually so skittish and you usually see them in the corner of your eye from at least 5 feet away. He was really cute! He let me touch him & take his photo. At one point, I held out my hand to him & he crawled up my arm! There was this ice cube melting on the table -- he went up & drank some water. Awwww.


On our way back home, we stopped by Caddo Valley Nursery which is owned/operated by the lovely Ms. Haruyo Mori. She grows the best mums & pumpkins, which is why I go see her every autumn. She gave me a gift, too, a bag of mystery bulbs. She told me to go plant them now & we'll see what I get in March. See? She is wonderful & I love her.

Instead of going straight home, we took a detour to Hot Springs so we could go to the flea market & eat at Rolando's. I didn't score anything major @ the market, just a stack of plates. I'm done with paper plates & plastic utensils for parties, I'm switching over to the real deal. Which means a ton more dishwashing, but I kinda like being drowned in stacks of dishes, suds up to my elbows & a little radio with classic tunes.

Speaking of parties, I get overly excited thinking about the soiree I'm throwing on the 1st of November, my birthday. This is a milestone birthday, I'll be 30. Wau! It's unbelievable & hilarious! I'm only sorry that I make my mom feel old! Sorry, Mummy! Anyway, the party, it is loosely themed, Dias de los Muertos. We'll have a nacho bar, cervezas, a fire pit, hay bales to sit on, and lots and lots of really good company.

I'm feeling pretty squeee! today.




2 comments:

kmhd said...

She grew those pumpkins?! My mind is in pieces.

Alannah said...

omg having an air mattress makes camping almost feel like cheating, doesn't it? It's a thousand times better, though.

I've been to the Rolando's in Ft. Smith - same owners? I don't remember what I had but I know it was goat cheese-y, a little pricey but very very yummy.

I can't wait to carve pumpkins. But...sadly....I don't think I'll have a chance to go camping until November! And by then it's too cold or rainy, usually.

Blog Archive